Case Study: Helping Manufacturer Create a Sustainably-Made Door
How 1GNITE helped DuraServe launch a sustainably made door in record time and secure a large contract by creating a zero waste circular manufacturing eco-system.
DuraServe, a leading service provider in the loading dock, door and equipment industry, wanted to add Eco-friendly assets to its portfolio of products, but lacked both the time and expertise to develop the product. The company had successfully developed and marketed product enhancements in the past but had not launched radically new products recently. The company needed a new product that could be scaled on demand to gain interest from some of its largest customers with operations across North America. How 1GNITE helped DuraServe launch a sustainably made door in record time and secure a large contract by creating a zero waste circular manufacturing eco-system.
- 1GNITE innovation session identified key products that could be re-engineered to become circular.
- 1GNITE leveraged its circularity modeling tool to identify how recycled waste from a customer could become feedstock for this new product.
- 1GNITE created a proof of concept, tested the product manufacturing and completed a go to market commercialization model.
The team at 1GNITE helped us identify a new business opportunity and develop a superior product in record time. We could not have done it without them !
A managed recycling program that resulted in a stronger, cleaner and cheaper door made with more than 80% recycled material.
- The eco-friendly door contains over 80% of recycled content
- The door met or exceeded all quality requirements and was proven to be more durable, lighter yet more sound -proof and easier to clean than the conventionally manufactured alternative.
- Using 1GNITE’s circularity modeling tool, DuraServe was able to illustrate how the recycled material could be sourced from the large customer’s waste stream , which was instrumental in securing the nationwide contract.
- The process from ideation, to concept validation, pilot and commercialization was completed four times faster than previous projects ran internally.
Liquidation: How Retailers Retain Value for Planned and Unplanned Events
3 Easy Steps To Align Emergency Liquidation and Recycling
Liquidation company: how to pick the right one
4 Proven Steps to Successfully Implement an Internal Marketplace
5 Benefits of an Internal Marketplace You Must Know
Warehouse Cleanout: How To Decide What Stays and What Goes?